Class Action Suit vs. makers of Prednisone
Add Reply
u***@gmail.com
2013-02-05 06:18:38 UTC
http://www.sueeasy.com/litigants/
I'm planning a class action suit against the mfg's. of Prednisone. There has
never
been any warnings on these presciptions re: the long term affects of this
devestating drug.
Additionally, the Dr. who put me on this drug many years ago never spelled out
the horrific downside this product produces.
Anyone else interested in pursuing this ?
RJ
n***@gmail.com
Hello I started taking Prednisone back in the 1980s as a asthmatic child. At the time I do not think they were aware of the ramifications of long term use. I have had 5 orthopedic surgeries in two years . I am 43 and have a rod in my hip, cartilage transplants in my left knee. I just found out I will need a full knee replacement. I am also having new pain in the hip, probably coming from the joint and my right knee is becoming painful. I would love to do some research on this and see exactly what they knew and wehn as far as side effects. From what I read it depended on the dosage amount. I am a legal student and can read up on it!
l***@gmail.com
2014-01-10 04:40:11 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
I'm planning a class action suit against the mfg's. of Prednisone. There has
never
been any warnings on these presciptions re: the long term affects of this
devestating drug.
In response to your posting. My husband had been on prednison for a long time. Because of the drug it destoyed his hips and he has to have bilateral hip replacement soon. In addition, he had a heart attack just over a year ago. It's ruined his life and God knows how many other lives it has ruined. I wish I could make them pay and not with money. I wish they could indure all the pain and suffering they have caused people like him. He lives in constant pain. That is a lot of crap what people say about reading all of the warnings. The makers of this drug dam well know how dangerous it is and just because it's been cleared by the FDA doesn't mean it's OK and for them to continue to push this drug. NO one is looking to get rich here. The company is making millions on with this drug. Someone needs to stop them from pushing this drug. Why are they Immune from responsibility from pushing a dangerous drug when other drug companies are stopped? Just maybe some of the remarks on this site are from the drug companies themselves. Something to ponder! Hummmmmmmmmm.

In response to your posting. My husband had been on prednisone for a long time. Because of the drug it destroyed his hips and he has to have bilateral hip replacement soon. In addition, he had a heart attack just over a year ago. It's ruined his life and God knows how many other lives it has ruined. I wish I could make them pay and not with money. I wish they could endure all the pain and suffering they have caused people like him. He lives in constant pain. That is a lot of crap what people say about reading all of the warnings. The makers of this drug dam well know how dangerous it is and just because it's been cleared by the FDA doesn't mean it's OK and for them to continue to push this drug. NO one is looking to get rich here. The company is making millions on with this drug. Someone needs to stop them from pushing this drug. Why are they Immune from responsibility from pushing a dangerous drug when other drug companies are stopped? Just maybe some of the remarks on this site are from the drug companies themselves. And believe me it's not Paranoia that make me think this. Something to ponder! Hummmmmmmmmm.
s***@gmail.com
RJ
s***@gmail.com
Well are you still around it it is 2014 and i am interested?? Cindy
d***@gmail.com
2014-04-06 22:49:58 UTC
I would say the doctor would be more at fault than the manufacturer. It is the
doctor's business to know about the drugs he is prescribing and to inform you
of any adverse side affects. I'm sure the manufacturer has always been aware of
the side effects, as well as dispensing pharmacists - it's their job.
Anybody else's thoughts on this?
Karen
Unknown
2014-04-11 02:58:42 UTC
I would say the doctor would be more at fault than the manufacturer. It
is the doctor's business to know about the drugs he is prescribing and
to inform you of any adverse side affects. I'm sure the manufacturer
has always been aware of the side effects, as well as dispensing
pharmacists - it's their job.
Anybody else's thoughts on this?
Karen
Is this NewsGroup still active?
Yes, of course the doctors & phamacists know.
A related question:
I noticed and reported that cortisone inhalantants make me vunerable to
throat infection, due to reducing the imunity in the throat.
Others replied "well yea, that's why it's recommended to gargle after
inhaling".
Now I've got a related theory:
I haven't use the cortisone inhalant for over 6-months, and now that the
apparent allegen season [S.hemisphere] has arrived, I started using it.
Then very bad asthma symptoms appeared.
Which I suspect are not from allegens, but from cold/flu, which was caused
by the inhalant reducing the immunity against cold/flu.

What do you think?

== TIA.
Jason
2014-04-11 07:09:13 UTC
Post by Unknown
[...]
Follow your doctor's advice and stop taking any medications that makes
your medical condition get worse. If a medication makes your condition
worse, it usually means you have an allergic reaction to that medication.

You don't have to use the cortisone inhalant if it is not helping you. You
should discuss other options with your doctor.

Vit. C may help you. MSM and magnesium may also help.
Unknown
2014-04-22 05:12:04 UTC
Post by Jason
Post by Unknown
[...]
There's the subtle aspect, of how long the effect takes to be noticed.
Post by Jason
You should discuss other options with your doctor.
Vit. C may help you. MSM and magnesium may also help.
Also I suspect that the cortisone immune-depressing makes you more
vunerable to cold/flu. Is'nt that obvious ?
t***@gmail.com
RJ
t***@gmail.com
RJ
f***@yahoo.com
I have osteonecrosis which is a deterioration of the bones on a cellular level. Some people say read the side effects. This particular side effect wasn't listed in the 70s when I took it as a kid due to severe Asthma that later became COPD and then emphysema. So those of you who have taken this drug since the early 70s didn't have this particular side effect because they weren't aware of it then. Also this is a drug that never expires like most drugs that have an expiration date this one will last forever and not lose its potency. This you can verify with your doctor. And yes there are other steroids out there for this now, but back then there weren't and its up to the Doctors office which steroid they use in their practice. Mine only used prednisone. And the water weight gain requires a water pill for me. So yea I am all for a class action suit because every time I fall I break something and there is no cure for this and some day I wont be able to walk. The pain in my legs is being treated with pain killers and muscle relaxers for the rest of my like. Or until I am in a wheelchair and I have also had to have all my teeth removed because your jaw s a bone and it deteoriated badly in my jaw that my teeth were so loose they had to be removed. And I continued to get this drug everytime I got pneumonia until I changed doctors. So all you negative people that say read the warnings...there simply weren't any when the fda approved it. Educate yourself before you try to educate others.
k***@gmail.com
2015-07-15 16:45:32 UTC
My name is Ken. I have been suffering from pain in my back for years and they gave me Preisone. Since then I have had to get back surgery to fuse L4L5S1 plus I had to get a new hip(A-vassicurlar Necrosis of both hips). So I need my other hip replaced. Know I am having problems with my knees.
K***@yahoo.ca
2015-08-04 11:31:04 UTC
I agree my daughter has many issues with being on the drug for the first 9 years of her life!!!! Asthma is bad but she has brittle bones and has broken 6 bones not normal doesn't heal well from injuries at all

Mary
l***@gmail.com
2015-12-09 19:39:08 UTC
I was on prednisone from 1994-1998 when I found out I was pregnant and I always read the paper I got from the pharmacy, and because of this drug I've had to have my left shoulder partially replaced and both of my hips totally replaced and my left ankle is next, and no where in those papers that I got from the pharmacy did it say "may cause AVN" which is avascular necrosis!! So yes I would be interested in pursuing a lawsuit!!!!!
i***@switch2freedom.com
2015-12-30 07:56:54 UTC
Any update on anyone that took legal action? I need info my life is ruined from this drug.
r***@gmail.com
2016-01-23 20:14:30 UTC
Please contact at ***@gmail.com I definitely want to find talk about that law suit. Thank you
f***@gmail.com
YES SIR I AM VERY INTERESTED
m***@gmail.com
2016-05-01 01:59:09 UTC
Yes I'm very interested contact me at ***@gmail.com this drug has messed my life up
f***@gmail.com
I was never warned about the side affects i have gained of 100lbs, and now have diabetes brought on by the prednisone and having issues with my kidney i only have one kidney due to the fact the other one was removed because of cancer...i sure hope this lawsuit goes through thank you for starting this
b***@gmail.com
2016-03-11 04:58:58 UTC
Yes,My name is Robert Pipes. Prednisone is the reason for my vascular necrosis of hips. 217-474-4031. Please call.
j***@gmail.com
2016-03-22 03:34:35 UTC
Hi my name is Janet the doctor put me on 100 mg a day of predisone it put me in he hospital for horrible side affect it was a nightmare they said it shifted my brain
f***@gmail.com
2016-04-03 22:16:28 UTC
I'm planning a class action suit against the mfg's. of Prednisone. There has
never
been any warnings on these presciptions re: the long term affects of this
devestating drug.
Additionally, the Dr. who put me on this drug many years ago never spelled out
the horrific downside this product produces.
Anyone else interested in pursuing this ?
RJ
Yeah, I'm very interested too. Nobody told me about the weight gain. Doctor put me on Prednisone for Asthma (that it turns out I didn't have) for six months. I gained 130 lbs. !!! This caused me to have me stomach push up against my lungs (I'm short waisted) and caused me to have a heart attack and stroke, because apparently the reason I was short of breath was because I had a hole in my heart. The pressure in the wrong ventricle caused by the shortness of breath which caused blood to go through the hole, form a clot and I had a heart attack and stroke!!!! in my sleep!!! And all because of the weight gain from that darn Prednisone!!!

A.M. Stephens
h***@roadrunner.com
Since having been on Prednisone years ago, I have had to have a spinal fusion from t-11 to pelvis. I am a 72 year old male, with the bones of an 85 year old woman. The pain I have endured is indescribable. Absolutely YES. HAS
C Williams
I would love to find out, how the lawsuit, is going... I am very interested in being part of the lawsuit...
i***@gmail.com
2016-06-20 23:29:19 UTC
I would like to join class action lawsuit. 5182095912
v***@gmail.com
2016-07-18 22:55:28 UTC
I'm planning a class action suit against the mfg's. of Prednisone. There has
never
been any warnings on these presciptions re: the long term affects of this
devestating drug.
Additionally, the Dr. who put me on this drug many years ago never spelled out
the horrific downside this product produces.
Anyone else interested in pursuing this ?
RJ
I am interested. Please let me know if you will be moving forward.
I had allergic contact dermatitis and was prescribed a "shock treatment" of Prednisone. After two weeks of taking the drug I was admitted to ICU with 1,240 blood sugar and my vision was so blurry I was nearly blind. I am now a diabetic. No previous symptoms and no family history of diabetes. While I was in the hospital, the lady that came by to take my vitals asked why I was there. When I told her she said the exact same thing happened to her when she was prescribed Prednisone and she also is now a diabetic. They should at least give you a "heads-up" about the side effects before they prescribe a dangerous drug like this. I would gladly have lived with the dermatitis for a few weeks if I had known this was a side effect.
g***@gmail.com
2016-08-07 20:54:47 UTC
the doctor should be held accountable every other job in the world you are held reliable for your actions , no mater what you sign .... my mom took that shit and when she had to have a valve replaced in her heart the heart was like mush the stitches would not hold and she bleed to death ...... but all the money in the world wont bring her back ...
l***@gmail.com
2016-08-08 16:22:25 UTC
My son has taken 60mg and has been gvn da same in da hospital but I was never told the side effects. He has chronic asthma n was told he had to take this drug at 60mg for a wk.
j***@gmail.com
RJ
a***@gmail.com
2016-10-03 13:22:23 UTC
Hello, I'm in the uk and also one of their "victims"on this drug and am suffering devastating side effects. Where are you based and please inform me of any progress. I'm interested also. David
a***@gmail.com
2016-10-03 13:24:54 UTC
You're the one who's a complete and utter idiot here. You got shares in the pharmaceutical company obviously you stupid man. Get a life and get yourself off here, you don't belong on here. Fool.
t***@gmail.com
2016-11-16 03:39:05 UTC
Hi, The Physicians and Pharmacies that enable this drug are guilty of failing to warn of 5mgs a day of Prednisone will shut down the vital adrenal glands.
It is called HPA axis suppression and effects all people.
I have a lawsuit again a stronger more deadly steroid called Dexamethasone but high dose long term Prednisone shuts down a vital organ called the adrenal glands and there will be a mass class action for lock of informed consent soon.
You can register on http://www.sueeasy.com if you have not been warned and have been harmed. Terry (416)230-3727
RJ
v***@gmail.com
2016-12-29 15:02:26 UTC
I was given predizone back in August. 2 TT times went to er acute gasritis acute urticaria I was giving morphine for the lable on the bottle of medicine for this its the dam devil
b***@gmail.com
2017-01-11 04:11:50 UTC
Unless you've had to take this for a serious ailment and gained 44 lbs in less than two months don't judge. Sure it helps some people but to a teenager with ulcerative colitis you trust your specialist to warm you if need be. So either the manufacturer didn't stress the negative effects enough of the doctor that spent 14 years studying medicine was negligent. There has been class action law suits and they had to pay out. Had I been old enough to understand I would have taken part
b***@gmail.com
2017-01-18 14:50:20 UTC
I'm planning a class action suit against the mfg's. of Prednisone. There has
never
been any warnings on these presciptions re: the long term affects of this
devestating drug.
I take it you never read the pharmicist's insert that came with the
medication?
You are probably the only asthmatic I've ever met who wasn't aware
that pred has severe side effects. Haven't you ever read any books,
magazine articles, etc. on asthma?
Additionally, the Dr. who put me on this drug many years ago never spelled out
the horrific downside this product produces.
Question: Did you ask him?
'Reply to' address changed to foil email spammers.
Please remove " * " if you wish to reply via email
I was given Prednisone one time in my life (Dec 2014) I was mis-diagnosed as having stomach problems and was given Predinsone. I took one pill and woke up in the ER with a Bloodsugar of 1426 and have been a type 1 diabetic taking shots and wearing monitoring devices every since.
c***@aol.com
2017-01-26 02:13:29 UTC
I have a question. I have always listed prednisone as an allergy and was given Methlprednisolone in an injection. I was upset seeing the first drug was in the shot and given without my consent. Do I have grounds to be upset? No sarcasm please
c***@gmail.com
2017-02-01 18:58:14 UTC
I'm planning a class action suit against the mfg's. of Prednisone. There has
never
been any warnings on these presciptions re: the long term affects of this
devestating drug.
Additionally, the Dr. who put me on this drug many years ago never spelled out
the horrific downside this product produces.
Anyone else interested in pursuing this ?
yes my Dr. put me on the medication and I blew up like a balloon and there is no revering this once prednesone does this you are mark forever I used to look almost handsome now I look like I am swollen this has been for 5 years now looking like this were is my compensation for them destroying my life.
RJ
p***@comcast.net
I've been on Prednisone since July, Off and on, I'm only 53yrs. old and was just diagnosed with Cataracts and the eye Dr. said it was most likely caused by the prednisone.
s***@gmail.com
2017-03-17 16:50:21 UTC
I can't see four feet from me now and my body really hurts and I am getting these werid zits and talk about going pee a lot omg I have werid emotional feelings and can't think straight I'm off of the pills but am scared I won't get any better
d***@gmail.com
2017-03-21 17:11:59 UTC
How do OR who you begin to speak about this terrible long term side effect I have yet to discover through the web, manufacturer, or Doctor Who prescribed it to me. I told my doctor what the side effects were and it's permanent damage, and the DR. Just said OK, AND DIDN'T WANT TO CHANGE TO AN ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE. ANOTHER SPECIALIST DIAGNOSED ME, and now I need to know which way should I start. This is so bad, I'm young and don't understand why the doctor would give me something for my R. A. , YET DAMAGE ME MORE! HELP ANYONE
s***@gmail.com
2017-03-27 00:42:12 UTC
I was on it 2 years have skin loss plus bones hurt so bad cant stand it my phone number is 3049109132
c***@gmail.com
2017-04-07 02:43:07 UTC
I was prescribed prednisone for about 4-6 months for my sarcoidosis and now I have diabetes.
m***@gmail.com
Nichelle MC
j***@gmail.com
2017-06-07 04:32:03 UTC
Yes. I have been prescribed prednisone pills as well as shots off and on for several years for allergies. The drsTnever told me I would end up with debilitating pain.
a***@gmail.com
2017-06-24 21:45:08 UTC
How do I join this for my son? He was on it for months, gained alot of weight from it, has purple stretch marks and man boobs, this has mentally messed him up?? Email is ***@gmail.com please fill me in it has been horrible for him
k***@gmail.com
2017-06-06 00:06:11 UTC
I have a bone disease from taking prednisone years ago
m***@gmail.com
2017-06-13 04:46:41 UTC
Yea i support
y***@gmail.com
2017-06-22 06:21:47 UTC
I was misdiagnosed as having PMR three and a half years after using prednisone I was diagnosed properly where I did not have PMR and the prednisone that I was taking that I thought was helping me destroyed my hips completely I've already had one total hip replacement I'm waiting for my second and after testing it was determined prednisone did to my bones
j***@gmail.com
2017-06-27 14:07:12 UTC
I'm in the same situation and I found out I wasn't supposed to be taking this drug due to hernia and diverticulosis disease and I ended up getting diverticulitis and was sick. For three months also went into a state of psychosis and I suffer every day with severe panic attacks I can't take it anymore I already contacted an attorney
b***@gmail.com
2017-07-06 11:50:11 UTC
Weakness and deterioration of the bones
c***@gmail.com